09-09-2010, 03:21 AM   #17
GunSpeed
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
I have ordered the Continental DWS all-season tires however the 235-35-19 fronts are on a nation wide back order. May be a few weeks for those.
I recently changed my rear tires (Conti CSC2) to the all new Conti CSC5 but front tires are still the CSC2's. The CSC5 has a dedicated front tire and a dedicated rear tire.
And what a difference they make. The CSC5's seem have a little less grip than the CSC2's but they are a lot more fun to drive. They allow the back to break out a bit easier but very smooth and controlled. They really make me think of the Michelin PS2's that I had before on this car. It is a real plus for this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
Don't get too caught up on the diameter of aftermarket bars. More important is the material and spring rate compared to stock.
The diameter is often an indication but as you say the material and the amount of torsion are also important in this matter.

Same goes for a set of springs. For example, lots of people say that the Schnitzer and Eibach springs are the same because the both come from the Eibach factory... of course this is not true.

Didn't know that tubular swaybars existed, but then again I'm a noob in real racing gear.
Appreciate 0