View Single Post
      10-11-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Top won't close...frustrated

So last night I went out and had a good 20km drive with the top down. When I got there I closed the top with no problems. When I left, I again opened the top with no problems. When I got home and attempted to put the top back up, it only went about 1/3 way and now its just stuck in that position.

Basically the trunk is lifted but the entire 2 piece roof is sitting inside the trunk. I was able to reach in and make sure the cover thing is securely latched down but I didn't suspect that was the problem anyway since I have used the top 3 times that night without that issue.

The top open button just blinks. When I go to press the top open button, the top close button goes on. Then I press the top close button and nothing happens. When I press either button, the cabin lights and cluster dim a little as if power is being pulled. Also note that the engine is running whenever I operate the top.

So now I'm stuck at this position and the top will neither open nor close. The fuse isn't the problem as I've also checked. I doubt its a battery issue as I've had it running for some time and now I'm just thinking what other options I have aside from bringing it to a shop for diagnostics and handing over an organ of their choice.

Any ideas guys?