Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
Why is everyone getting all worked up? Dude had something fail, was out of warranty, had it fixed. Now BMW is acknowledging it as an issue and recalling cars. So dude should be reimbursed, at least for the parts that would be replaced under the recall, assuming he kept his documentation. In a reasonable world it might require a couple phone calls and maybe a fax or two, no need for lawyers at all. Had he not had his car fixed BMW would be on the hook to reimburse his local dealer to replace those parts so it's not like he's shafting them.
hey i found this online.....If I pay for needed repairs before a recall is ordered, am I entitled to reimbursement?

Yes, under certain conditions. Manufacturers are required to provide reimbursement for certain costs incurred by owners to remedy safety defect conditions prior to a recall. Vehicle manufacturers are required to reimburse owners for costs incurred to remedy a defect based on either (1) the date NHTSA opens its Engineering Analysis, or (2) one year prior to the manufacturer’s notification of a defect to NHTSA, whichever is earlier. The closing date of eligibility for reimbursement of repair of a motor vehicle is 10 days after the manufacturer mails the last of the owner notices informing owners of a safety defect recall and cost-free remedy. For replacement of equipment, the closing date is either the same as for motor vehicles or 30 days after the manufacturer’s closing of its efforts to provide public notice of the existence of a defect, whichever is later. Documentation of the costs is required for reimbursement. While the current reimbursement policy is a relatively new requirement, manufacturers have in the past often voluntarily agreed to absorb such costs, provided customers could prove the pre-recall repairs remedied the defect in question.
Appreciate 0