tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post
I was pretty clear in my response to your initial post, which IMO, was ignorant. Passionate or not, comparing an X3 to an old Buick is laughable and I disagree. Love it or hate it, BMW currently makes some of the best performing SAV/SUVs in the world. In most cases, they out perform 99% of what's on the road today. Because a family's needs require an SUV only, that makes them less than an enthusiast? You don't think an X3M could be for enthusiasts? For a family of 5 in a big city with space for only 1 vehicle, the X3 for us is a "one size fits" all. Having the N55 with 300+hp with AWD on tap doesn't hurt either. Why shouldn't consumers have the option for something better than a mini-van? The X3M, for what it is and if done right, would be nothing short of awesome.
That's the second time you came up short for lacking the ability to articulate your thoughts without name calling. I'll ignore your personal challenges and keep this on topic.

You take my opinion too personally. Why do you care care if I choose not to buy the same car you drive? The forum posted the CEO's remarks for members to comment. My opinion is based on experience with Porsches and BMWs for the past three decades. And based on my experience, I would be happy for BMW's executive suite to crawl back to Audi. They have already diluted the marque enough that this is my last BMW. I and my peers are the demographic who made BMW relevant, and from this enthusiast's perspective it's sad to watch this management team destroy the brand's value.

Comparing a BMW to a Buick is relevant, but you won't know that because you're too busy name calling instead of listening. I drove dad's Buick. I drove an X3. They handle similarly in my experience. Where does that make me ignorant?

Arguing that most SUVs don't go off-road is silly because you support my point. BMW shifted focus from building motorsport-heritage performance vehicles to serving soccer moms. I know which demographic I identify with, and now everyone knows which tribe you belong to.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 0