04-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #221
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Thumbs up hi from China

Hi All,

I also just registered and thought I should introduce myself and my Z4. Im from Denmark but live in China (on my 3rd year now). Before moving to China I resided in Germany, Los Angeles and Boston for shorter periods of time. While fuel prices in China are on-pair with those in the US, car prices are definitely higher. Most versions of the Z4 actually cost over 100k USD here. Prices in China are however still lower than in Denmark, so I finally decided it was time buy a second-hand Z4 (18.000kms) and register at zpost.com!

Its now an ESS tuned sDrive35i loaded with almost everything except M-stuff (I miss an LSD), steering wheel heating and voice control. Most BMWs sold in China are offered only with pre-defined packages/options and a mininium of color combinations. Typically the best/only way to get extra equipment is to go up in engine size and only automatic transmissions are really seen here.

Anyhow, I love almost everything about this roadster. The sound, the torque, the design, the wind in the hair, and the hard stares and tumbs-ups from everyone I meet, young or old. I am a former motocross driver and glider pilot for several years and I never actually thought I would feel this excited about something with 4 wheels! There is something about this car's combination of luxury and dynamics, and the simple fact that you can share it all with one (carefully selected) passenger that makes me wonder why I spent so much time wearing helmets and headsets for excitement.

So I'm looking forward to contribute more from my time-zone in the future!
Attached Images

Last edited by Asbjorn; 04-06-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0