05-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
davidmbell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 318d Exclusive

Garage List
'Dancing' Windows - There IS a new fix!

Not sure if this has already been reported, but my garage insisted that my car is one of the first (in the UK) to have this mod done.

I had the car in for a repeated rattle from the roof, and while in asked them to look at the 'dancing' windows. (Drivers' and sometimes passenger window drops back down 4/5 inches following the all 4 closure - either roof going up or down).

They rang to say it was fixed, and I collected the car, only to realise the issue with dancing windows was still there, the drivers' side now leaked, and the roof rattle was still there.

So booked it back in, insisting they keep it till it was sorted.

So after getting back from a vacation the garage explained they had fitted a mod in the footwell area, that fixes the dancing windows issue.

It seems there's now some form of relay on each rear window that delays it going up by milliseconds, but enough for it to now raise so that it meets the front windows at the very top of their travel.

I've done a video of the windows closing. I guess most won't notice the difference, but the rear windows now definitely raise a millisecond AFTER the did prior to this mod.

It's not done the 'dancing' since!!!! (oh and I think the roof rattle is cured too!).

Video here:

David
Automatic
Business Nav

Last edited by davidmbell; 05-03-2011 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0