View Single Post
      03-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
T89
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i & Mini Cooper S

One day after top is down...Vandalized.

After giving my car a wash after a whole day of top down driving (refer to this thread: http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363208), I went to visit a friend. Left the car outside...bad idea.

Some punk decided to scratch off the 'Z' of the z4 insignia at the back You could clearly see that paint had come off. I was planning on debadging it anyway but this wasn't the method I had in mind.
Stupid punk also decided to tape the 'Z' to the back window. Only realized it was there while driving. Didn't take any pics as I just wanted to get home.

Not really upset at the fact that my 'Z' was off, but more upset as to why people do these kind of things. Have they really nothing better to do?

I admit that this is just a small incident and thankfully nothing serious but nonetheless it pains me to know that people are willing to do this kind of shit.

Took the car to my local dealer today. Decided to debadge the car completely. They touched up the area the paint had come off with some special product (no idea what it was) and paint. Looks so shit at the moment but they told me to come back next week so they can polish it or whatever once the product dries.

Here are some pics of the rear at the dealer. You can clearly see the 'Z' outline:

sDrive nonsense gone:

Ended the day on a positive though, as my black roundel overlays had just arrived from Bimmian.com:

T
Appreciate 0