09-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
Putzo
Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35is

Garage List
HomeLink Range Reduced...

Between the time I first started driving my Z4 (early May) and now, the effective range for opening my garage door with the built-in HomeLink transmitter has drastically diminished. When first programmed, I could open the door from about 200 feet away. Now, I have to almost touch the door with my bumper for it to open. VERY ANNOYING, especially for someone who always backs in. Nothing has changed - same building, same door, same opener. The included antenna wire on the opener has always hung straight down and is not impeded by anything.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? Any suggestions? I've Googled, and while there are people out there with similar issues, I haven't found any great suggestions. I never had any issues at all during the entire time I owned my `08 335i with HomeLink. One suggestion I found was to wipe and reprogram the unit. I can't see how that will help, but I will try it and report back.
Appreciate 0