Alpha_Zulu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 35is, Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
thanks heaps! though i was wondering, how was the installation? was it a straight forward process? did u have to cut anything or trim anything down? everything fit snuggly?

im in the process of looking for a set aswell!

Installation is very easy and straightforward. If you look at the link I posted, you'll see that the two metals pieces on the headlight separate to form a Y shape. Those two metal pieces are spring loaded. In order to install them you need to squeeze them together so the shape goes from a Y to a l. The headlight will NOT install if you do not do this.

Another important point. I stole this from the LUX installation guide

Quote:
When inserting the H8, there are 3 tabs that need to line up. The 3 tabs form an upside down shape of a “T”. It is helpful to use a marker and put a line or arrow on the base of the unit to figure out which direction is top. This will save you time in installing the unit.
- You can also guide the new H8 in by looking at it from the outside as shown. Notice how the tabs have rotated into their locked position.
Basically take note of how the stock bulb is removed and lined up. Then do the exact same only backwards when installing the new bulb.
Appreciate 0