01-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #6
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
I will definitely get a PPI before putting any money down. Would a BMW dealer be better vs. an indy mechanic? Since I'm not from the area, I don't know of any reliable ones.

But, one question. I was looking through the pictures the dealer provided and it looks like the shifter baseplate has been taken apart / elevated.

I contacted the dealer about it, and he told me the pictures were taken by the bank they got the car from, and as part of the bank's inspection process, they removed the shifter to verify the shifter's condition and to insure that there is no debris or moisture undernearth. . Is this common practice? I've never heard of that being done. Why would there be debris or moisture down there, or is the dealer just yanking my chain. He seemed like a nice guy, and even disclosed about the roof being fixed at a BMW dealer... but then again, we can never be too sure with dealers.
Ya, definitely get a 2nd opinion from a professional. No idea about the baseplate...that is weird! Since it's at a BMW dealer having its roof mech fixed, are they doing the baseplate as well?

I hope you got a testdrive...how was it?

The indy got the car from the bank? Did the car get repo'd? I'm confused.
Appreciate 0