View Single Post
      08-28-2017, 06:19 PM   #123
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

The ultimate goal is to die (natural causes) broke. If one dies before old age, then that's different.

Family and health being number one priority is always a good thing, however, when bills start to pile up and there's no more money, mental health is affected which often affects the family dynamics.

I read an article about a librarian who saved his whole life. He had X millions when he died so he gifted the school that he worked at a million dollars. The school ended up building a giant state of the art screen for sporting events with the money.

Personally, I see this situation not as he is helping a place out but see it as him working X years to buy that school a large TV.

Like the comic above - run to collect money only to die with a lot. Then again, different people have different expectations in life. Some people accumulate money like a game. Some people accumulate money to buy things. So many different philosophies.

***Edit: If any of you have $6mm in the bank and are thinking of leaving it to an Alma Mater, think of PoorLurker. I will use it more wisely than that.
Appreciate 0