fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
It's never enough!! OP, why don't you add net worth as well...

When I was younger I just wanted to make more money, no matter how much more I made it never felt like more because I spent just that much more with each pay increase. It was like a vicious cycle. I made more, but was still miserable so I would spend $$ and that would make me happier for a little while but it never lasted. I sure as shit can't say I was any happier when I was making 6 figures than when I was making $10/hour in college. In fact it's probably the opposite.

I have realized at the ripe old age of 34 I hate working. Ok maybe only sorta kinda. I hate getting up at 8am to go sit in traffic to go sit in a building to do "work" rinse and repeat until I'm too old to wipe my own ass and then I can go enjoy life. I spend my life working and then try to cram living somewhere in between.

So after the last place I was working at went under I saw it as an opportunity to finally end the cycle. Instead of looking for another job I've been focused on my own businesses trying to get those to generate as much passive income as possible. I took a big pay hit for the first few months but now just a little over a year in I can pay all the bills and still have some left over and I have never been happier. I love being able to work when I feel like working. If I want to work at night and just enjoy a gorgeous day I can. If it's raining and nasty and I have nothing better to do than bang out some work then that's what I do.

I flew out to CA at the end of last year and spent a few weeks with my friend working from there. Then in Feb traveled to Europe for the first time and spent 2 weeks in Spain again working from there. These are things I could of never done while working a full time job as usually I was lucky to have 2 weeks vacation for the whole year. I'm now focused on living my life and getting some work done in between instead of vice versa.

Time > Money
You can always recoup money, but time on the other hand...

The trillionares here need to start donating some cars to the rest of us