What a dissapointment.
1. No Manual option
2. Lackluster performance boost
3. No brake upgrade - should xdrilled discs+6 pistons
4. Horrible aluminium trim - reminds me of stock 135i trim
5. Wheels look cheap and should be 19inch
6. Silly side mirrors
7. Price premium???

What I do like is the new exhaust system (heard it testing at nurburgring) and tightened steering response. But unfortunately for me the negatives outweigh the positives.[snip...]...
Agreed. And add to your list:

- Z4sDrive35is... seriously?! And it's emblazoned across the side of the car. Reminds me of that dumb move Mercedes made by plastering the word 'Kompressor' across the side of their super-charged cars back in the late 90's, early 2000s.

- So what do you call the damned thing? Imagine someone asking you what you drive. You ponied up a lot more money for your car, so naturally you'll want them to to know you have a more souped-up version of the Z4. You can't say Z4 ///M (because it's not even close). Therefore, you don't simply say Z4. You have to say "Z4sDrive35is" Try the same with a 3-series (or virtually any other BMW model) and the exchange is so much easier. I drive a 335i or I drive an M3. People know instantly what you've got. Period. The name is stupid.

- Why dilute the power of the ///M brand by attaching it to a car that's "not quite an ///M"?! Should have sucked it up and done it right -- bringing not this badge-engineered ///M car to market, but a true ///M roadster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2012 View Post
here's my thought...

they sack the full M version because of the economy, but they know people are gonna want the latest and greatest, so they remap the engine (which is the same as the 35i and for $600 i can make just as powerful), make the sport shocks standard, change the steering wheel (BTW i love my shiny steering wheel), switch the front and rear spoiler, throw diff wheels and charge more for the same thing...

"There's a sucker born every minute" -P.T. Barnum
Bingo!

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0