Drives: F80 M3

Arrow Rumor: Z4 M35i Performance Model to Come With LCI Refresh

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Rumor: Z4 M35i Performance Model to Come With LCI Refresh
COMMENTS
Name:  z4mperformance.jpg
Views: 18436
Size:  19.3 KB

UPDATE: The Z4 M35i is now rumored to be debuting at the 2013 Detroit NAIAS in January, together with the Z4 LCI facelift refresh (recent spy photos).

Is an M Performance Z4 model coming? Yes, if BMW insider Scott26's response to our M related interview at the 2012 NYIAS actually comes to fruition.

This is what he had to say on the matter:
Quote:
The forthcoming Z4 Life Cycle Impulse will see the Z4 35iS absorbed into the BMW M Performance Automobiles line.
North America will not be getting diesel M Performance models with the current generation of cars, so this rumored Z4 M35i model (or "Z4 sDriveM35i") could possibly join the rumored X1 M35i xDrive as the first M Performance Automobiles to be available for the North American market.

If it comes to market, a Z4 M35i M Performance model would join an M Performance Automobile lineup which already features 3 diesel models (M550d, X5 M50d, X6 M50d), and one gasoline model concept (the F20 M135i Concept, which will see production as it's already been spied in testing).

Everything is rumors until confirmed by BMW, so consider everything with a grain of salt. Afterall, a rumored Z4 M turned out to be vaporware. But, this would be exciting news for Z4 fans if a Z4 M Performance Automobile model indeed comes.

Appreciate 0