View Single Post
      08-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #8
BQ Tuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E89 Z4 35i M Sport

Just a lil update. Currently I have parts of the CF tubing and silicone installed to see how well it does with the engine bay heat and to determine if there is anything I need to be concerned about. The CF has a heat rated tolerance of 302°f . I applied no hose clamps also as I want to see if the silicone will dilute. I live here in south Florida and we can see triple digits temps sometimes. The silicone coupler and and bends are "Genuine 4-Ply construction - that's 5 layers of silicone plus 4 layers of reinforcement for 9 total layers: Heat tolerance: -40° to 392° Fahrenheit" per manufacture specs.

This Monday 8/14 Ill be going down to the shop to setup some planing on relocation of the coolant reservoir. I am planning on having the inlets installed the same time during the relocation of the coolant reservoir along with the install of a new OCC and PCV upgrade, but will be working along the shop tech.

The samples in the pics will need cutting during the install so i can get exact measurements when things are off the car. Many of you may have caught on, where is the vent port on the inlet for the PCV vent hose ? There is none . There is a bypass built into the intake box that will be used for the PCV venting to both turbos instead of one. More details on this will be shown later on.

Appreciate 0