01-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
Hi guys, this is going to sound like a stupid question, but what the hell I'm going to ask anyway!!

I just did this mod on my exhaust and haven't noticed an appreciable difference so I'm unsure whether I've done things correctly.

Can someone just clarify when you say pull the hose off the actuator and plug it. Which side of the hose do you pull off and which end/ends do you cap?

I.e. I left the 's' shaped hose attached to the silver acuator and unplugged the other end where the 's' shaped pipe joins the more rigid pipe. I then plugged both the 's' shaped pipe (still attached to the acuator) and taped the end of the rigid pipe (just to avoid any dust getting in the pipe). Is this the correct procedure? Or should I have removed the 's' shaped pipe from the acuator and plugged the 's' shaped pipe? Would you then tape over the acuator end, to avoid dust getting in, or does this then defeat the point? So do you instead leave the acuator end open?

Hope this makes sense to someone and look forward to your help!!
You pull off the end that attaches to the tailpipe and plug it. It's that simple. It doesn't make a huge difference in sound.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0