View Single Post
      06-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #14
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBMW View Post
I have the Sport Package with the adaptive suspension. I want to add the H&R springs and antiroll bars but I was told the antiroll bars would render the adaptive settings for the sway bars ineffective and the default light would come on - I guess this is not true???
Totally not true. As Z4s we don't have the electronically adjustable swaybars like X6 for example. I too have the adaptive suspension and the rollbars just come to sit in regular bolts, so there is nothing to worry about. Of course no light will ever come along. Keep in mind that the more you stiffen the front the more you will have oversteer, and the more you stiffen the rear, the more understeer you will get, and this is why I didn't adjust the rear swaybar hard. If you would allow me, I would suggest you take each step by the time and start by getting the sway bars alone first. Your car will become surprisingly stiffer that way. By the way they cost me 450$ plus shipping from Germany. Finally, my personal choice regarding springs would only be the Hartge ones, they are always ahead combining comfort and sportivity. Hope this helps.

Last edited by jannisa; 06-15-2010 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0