10-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #54
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3EST View Post
The only info i can tell is that my springs are from the M suspension which is just 10mm lower.I found the code in the ETK by using my VIN number and searching on the spring table.The codes i can not tell because it depends on the engine, gearbox, options every car has.The dampers are bilstein but again i got my original as a sample and went to the main warehouse of bilstein in my country to find the ones that match better .After some possible options i choose the closest and needed some small adapters to fit the top mount.
As you can see i cant tell you codes because this is a combination of parts that was tested in my car.In some other cars may not work fine or not be the taste of the owner.For this reason bilstein will deliver sport dampers as soon as they test it and find the ones that match in all z4s since all are 6cyl engined.The choose will be in springs depending on engines and in dampers if lowered car or not.
When you have your VIN number in your hands i can help you if you want.
Thanks for that info. I'll certainly contact you in the near future.

Could you please enlighten me as to the meaning of the term ETK?

Well, I'm back to my original plan to get a 35i with DCT!

I had a chance to talk with Steve Dinan yesterday, and feel much better about that scenario. I'm still debating about M Sport, and would like that choice if Bilstein or someone else comes out with something comparable.

My goal is to get the Z4 35i with nice street manners, but would like to be able to alter its personality on cue. It will never be an "M", but can be close.
Appreciate 0