Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn View Post
hmmm, tbh I am not quite sure. I am guessing, assuming you go through the BMW certified repair (I.E the stealership) you should be in the clear, since it was indeed repaired to BMW's standards?

I am not too sure on the matter though. When i was leasing my mdx, someone rear ended me and I was forced to replace the bumper. I did it through acura and the guy paid cash. So the carfax wasnt affected, but I didnt pay any additional out of pocket on my lease end.

Hopefully it is the same for you.

Also whether or not it takes your insurance a while to finish the claim with the city, they will repair your vehicle and all the time it takes will be up to the insurance to retrieve. It wont affect you or your car's repair times.

Thanks for the info. I still hope it has minimal damage but I really won't know til I get an inspection.

I really do not want to bring it to the dealership to get fixed though, maybe just a BMW certified repair shop, I believe shops like those exist that isn't part of a dealership. I just have a feeling the dealership will charge at least twice as much as an independent BMW certified shop. The insurance company should have some shop suggestions too, I'll see what shops they choose for the cars repair.

Also, Torn, just curious but how long did your take to get fixed? I'd really hate for the car to spend a couple of months in the shop while I am paying for it. I'd like to drive it as much as possible.