View Single Post
      09-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #30
Zed Carer
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.0i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
iDrive, no more ignition key, electronic parking brake (WTF??!), that hideous beer tap-looking thing for a shifter in the automatics, folding hardtop, porked out worse than Chris Farley.. no thanks kids, I'll stick to the original and be damn glad I got in in time. They have changed the car to address a completely different segment, the "touring" type crowd rather than the hard-edged sports car crowd. Probably a smart business move as it should appeal to a wider audience. But it will absolutely turn off a big part of the admirers of the Z3 & current Z4, myself included.
Greetings from across the pond. I was looking to see if you guys and girls had more information on the new Z4 then we seem to have over here. I was getting a wee bit worried until I came across KevinC's post as I'm with him - luckily currently got a Z4 and a Z3 with no iDrive, Sat Nav (the stars are a more reliable navigation system), etc, but nice engines, seats that get you low and close to the back axle, and a rag top (not that the weather has been too good over here this year). I suppose that the best bit ill be that as soon as the new one becomes available residuals will fall even further on the current ones. The current Z4 is IMHO a more than adequate touring car whilst our Z3 is used for fun days.
Appreciate 0