View Single Post
      05-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #85
Dejablue
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 SDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim3314 View Post
So I pointed out the imperfections of this car and how crappy the bumper touch up job was and how bad the curb rashes were, I told the sales manager: "I'd like to make you an offer(this was when the car was going for 44000)". He cuts me off and says "I will have to respectfully decline any offers. We are a corporation structure. If this car doesn't sell, corporate office will move this car to Beverly Hills BMW who is our sister dealer and it'll most likely sell there. But the price will reset at 47k and slowly work its way down if it doesn't sell."

In my mind, I just said I'll wait a few more weeks. Now the car has dropped an extra $500 so it's 43500 now. I was originally going to offer 45 OTD but he never gave me a chance to make the offer :
At some point it gets tiring shopping for the best deal for these cars.
The honest truth is, like mentioned earlier, this is a very specialized, impractical car and the dealer will never admit it.
I suppose that you think that because of the scrapes to the front and rear bumper that it may have been abused. But it's probably not necessarily true. My car (the one that I'm STILL awaiting it's arrival) had a couple of small imperfections on the lower front bumper as well, but not as obvious as these on the car you're showing us.
They offered to fix them without my even asking.
I will say again that the price of $43.5 is actually comparatively pretty low.
If the dealer is saying that he will transfer the car to another dealer, he is coming to the realization that it may not sell.
In my experience, the dealer NEVER really wants to bail.
Maybe you get a salesman to present your $45k OTD offer with a proper repairing of the paint, and let HIM try and get the manager to accept less.
Appreciate 0