Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Thanks for the advice and direction. I am definitely pushing forward through the claim process and holding them responsible for this.

Just a damn shame to deal with this depreciation on such a well kept bike for an extremely good deal from a private seller.

.... didn't even get a chance to put ONE mile one her, and she's already on the repair bed... and tainted now, to no fault of my own other than an extremely poor choice in a shipping company.
Don't think of it like that. Get an articulated estimate together for a full repair, even if it means replacing factory plastic so there isn't any body work that needs to be done, and submit it. This will maintain the bike as it should be, since replaced cosmetics don't affect value.

Depreciation isn't there over something this frivolous. Just have it done right, and submit a complete complaint with documentation. Was there insurance provided with the initial cost, was it extra to add insurance and you didn't? Caveats can be your worst enemy.
Thanks again, for keeping me grounded and focused. Initially I was heated and disappointed, but your points are valid and reasonable and reassuring, lol.

Yes, I had insurance for the transportation process, so finacially they are responsible for these repairs. I will get the work done at a certified Ducati service center and they will just have to foot the bill.

Just disappointed to see damages on a bike I was so excited to get this week, but like you said, the plastics won't have a huge impact on it's value.

Looking at the bright side because of you... maybe I can get a unique paint scheme on the new fairings, as I do like to customize all of my toys, lol.

Thanks, Axius. Just good to vent to someone who understands the pain of seeing damaged goods... and the Wray and Nephews is helping a bit as well!