View Single Post
      09-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #22
Rubber Ducky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-blog View Post
In the article I posted about a week regarding these cars, I also mentioned that the test mules above were sporting the twin-turbo 3.0 liter engine and the 7 DKG transmission. Now that's something that got me excited.

The Z4 will go on sale shortly after the Detroit Auto Show, but it will be showcased at L.A show in November. Most likely the pricing won't be revealed until January.
A friend has driven the DCT and loves it (local BMW sales guy - not sure what vehicle).

With nearly 20K miles in the N54 in my 335i E93, can say it is the most responsive mill I've had. Will note that this is with Dinan Stage II - same powertrain in an E89 several hundred lbs lighter will be awesome.

Had opportunity to drive several laps in current-model Z4 back-to-back at same time as laps in M6 and B7 Alpina (Spartanburg in 2-day driver school), this after 2 days in 535is and 550is and really wringing them out. I was astonished how fine the 3.0si Z4 played in this auspicious field - was the most fun of them all and really looking forward to the E89.
Appreciate 0