View Single Post
      09-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
warden
Owning It
Rep
Drives: 2012 911 Carrera S

35is Color/Wheel Selection -- advice sought.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new Z4 35is, but I could use some input from those living with these cars already. As a reference point, I'm currently driving a Silverstone/Black e92 M3 riding on 19" wheels. Also, this will be a daily driver

Color: Sapphire Black/Ivory v. Space Grey/Walnut

I really like both of these combinations, although I found some of the plastic bits in walnut (such as the speaker trim on the door) to be somewhat cheesy. I suspect I'd get used to that.

This seems to be the ultimate test of livability. Black/white has to be the "hardest to keep looking its best" combo possible on this car, although I think it looks killer when clean. Space grey is at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Any comments/advice from folks living with these or similar combos day-to-day? Thanks.

Wheel size: 18" v 19"

Looking over this forum, it seems the 19" wheels that are optional for the 35is are flawed. Although they look good (and seem almost required to make the look on the black car), paying extra for a flaw seem misguided.

This would be especially the case where the ride suffers. I haven't been able to test cars outfitted with 18s and 19s back-to-back, although the 35is's that I've driven with 18s seems smoother than the M3. The 19" equipped 35is's not so much.

Any comments/experiences on this?

Thanks in advance folks. This is a very helpful forum.
Appreciate 0