View Single Post
      02-10-2015, 02:50 PM   #7
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Argh, I really dislike that 'front-mid engine' description...same phrase was thrown around for the One-77. Just a lame copout excuse to say that they're not skilled/financially-invested/etc enough to produce a proper mid-engine platform.

i8 is intriguing but, to me, the design is already so dated, they tried waaay too hard to make it look futuristic and it looks so clunky w/ its hard lines. The power is just so-so for the price and its supposed 'halo' status in the BMW lineup.

Z4 is a nice-looking car but big fail for no M, it being overpriced and too heavy. I still love my car but it could've been MUCH better.

Boy, I'm -ive today lol.

Haha, no worries I know I've personally thought these things as well

As for the "front mid engined", I don't think it is completely a cop-out. There are actual benefits as compared to having the weight in front of the front axle

Have you read the interview of the M development team that is on the F80post forum?

Very interesting read that compares the difference between BMW M subsidiary and BMW AG parent company. Even for BMW M and the M3 there is still the need to compromise sport, usability, cost, efficiency, social perception, etc. I personally think that being an all out sports car manufacturer is just not part of BMW's strategy and we need to look outside the brand for that type of car.
Appreciate 0