View Single Post
      12-05-2023, 03:38 AM   #20
spoiderbaby
Rep
Drives: BMW z4 e89 3.0

Hi Robbie

Firstly I appreciate you taking the time to help with my issue.

This is my dream car it's taken me years to be able to afford to buy and run one so you can understand my frustration and woe !

The water in the boot had only been there a couple of weeks and i only started to look into it because when I pressed the brake pedal my boot lock was activating ( this I fixed myself )

Now I used to be an electronics engineer and I also now work in IT so I have the engineering skills & the equipment to do almost anything on this car.

The problem I have is trying to piece together all the hints and advice and actually work out all the procedures.

So...

1. I need to access the boot area. Now I can do it the 'pin 12 way' but I can't find any clear instructions on how to do this - just vague pictures. I have INPA and ISTA downloaded and I have a KANBUS USB cable and apparently I can use this software to pop the boot lid. The problem is again I can't find any clear instructions on how to install and use this software.

2. Once I have the boot \ trunk open I need to get access to the microswitches - so you mention

'- put the trunk lid into the maintenance mode by pushing the two flippers on both sides to activate the soft close mechanism'

So I assume this means somehow I can get the Trunk lid into maintenance mode to access the left and right mechanisms - so essentially opening part of the roof manually. This is something I need to do and I can't find any clear instructions on how to do this either.

3. Your 3rd point:

- get the two MS coupling lock replaced, but don't forget to circle around the 2x3 hut nuts before dismounting

I assume these are the two microswitches - the right hand one is generating the 00a692 - Microswitch, rear-end module closed, right error code and from what you telling me - this might have got wet and corroded ?

I have used carly to only trigger the roof alarm alarm at 50 KPH ( that's as far as it goes )

IS there a way to disable the roof ALARM so I can actually drive it faster than 50 KPH ? Is there something I can unplug ?

Another thing I need to fix is all the boot seals and maybe the rear light assembly because now I am not sure how water is getting in. I have treated them all with platen cleaner - I suspect it's the points at the top with the two screws which needs resealing.

Lastly Munich is one of my favourite Cities ( I used to live in Gutersloh ) so i would much prefer to come to you AND if there was a way to disable the contant roof alarm BONG! I would quite happily drive over to Bavaria all day long !!
Appreciate 0