03-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #32
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Simply put, I'm used to coupes and sedans. Never had a 2-seater sports car. How practical is Z4 35i as a daily driver? Few areas of concern,

Ride Quality: With 18~19" wheels and possibly RFTs (setup I will have if I buy this car), I assume this will be a horrific car for long commutes?
Trunk: I have no idea how trunk space of convertible car works. I heard you pretty much can't have anything but 1~2 grocery bags with the top down. With the top up, I heard a full size golf bag can fit. (not two, eh?) For me, trunk will be mainly used for golf clubs, some shopping bags.
Reliability: I will keep this car for 3 years. Any known problems? HPFP at all? major or minor problem that commonly pops up?
Others: Anything else that I should know about when buying a 2 seater car as a daily driver?

Thanks for your input.
I think that I fit a good profile for having the Z4 as a DD since I'm married but no kids. Like another member, I dislike large cars and like sporty ones; 2-seater is no prb and preferable for me. I have no prbs getting in and out of the car. I live in Toronto and this car can handle the winters no sweat (w/ winter tires, of course).

Ride quality
is great: I travel A LOT and the ride is always comfy *and* sporty (18" RFTs).

Trunk: it is surprisingly spacious, but you'll do better w/ 'soft' luggage so that it can fit better. I've had no prbs doing errands, groceries for 2 ppl, trips to IKEA, etc.

Reliability: I have a 2011 35i and no real prbs. I've had one electrical glitch, i.e. passenger airbag would go offline if the seat heater was on (fixed). No HPFP issues for me. There was a slight hum coming from the rear (LPFP?) and I had it for a long time but when I switched gas brands it finally disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
Best thing I ever did was ditch the run flats (19" 326M wheels).
The Bridgestone RFT lasted 15000km before shredding.
The new Goodyear Assymetric F1 are still fantastic after another 10,000km.
How come your RFTs shredded? One too many burnouts, Stiggy?
Appreciate 0