02-23-2024, 11:08 AM   #22
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jarvis View Post
I have the H&R Sport springs with M Sport suspension. They have the same issues you have with any progressive rate spring (though they don't "pogo" as much as others I have tried). The ride quality is pretty good over most surfaces, though larger/sharper bumps can be very harsh. The car rides pretty well with the shocks on stock, but are underdamped when being aggressive. The Sport setting works well with the springs when being aggressive, but make the car ride firmer during normal driving. I'm sure I'll ultimately change to coil-overs, but wanted to spread the spend out after buying the car and doing everything I've done in just a few months.
My (used) 35is came stock. My trusted indy put H&R Sport springs with the OE adaptive suspension shocks. It didn't match. For starters it was far too low, scraping everywhere, and worse, it bottomed very frequently. So we've went for the full KWV3 set. Massive improvement from the H&R and the OE suspension. I'm glad the H&R Sport springs and the OE adaptive suspension combo are working well with your ride. Like you said, each E89 is different.

However, and if you're willing to help, I have an annoying clicking noise.