View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #103
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

I had missed this " thread"... Uffff! Be calm buddies .

My 2 cents: the Z4 E89 is not a sport car. I come from a Cayman S PDK and an M3 E92 DKG. My 35i (with adaptive suspension) feels and is heavy, the handling is far from the best in class (boxster) as well as the steering response and brakes resistance.
At the track i switch to the 18" oem wheels with Pilot PS2, leaving at home the heavy Vossen CV3 20" showed in my signature.
Even with its stock wheels and very good tires, the zed is relatively slow trough the corners and essentially difficult to understand, suffering a strange and unexpected understeer probably related to the low rigidity of its chassis and its soft set up. BUT....
All these issues are really important in the daily (even if spirited) driving? Not soooooo much... For me.
The typical customer of the Zed will love its unique look, the fantastic torque of easily tunable turbo engines, the very low drive position and all the joys of the most stunning roadster in its class...
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.

Last edited by javol; 08-22-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0