View Single Post
      09-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
BoBoB
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible

I went on a dry run this morning around the same time we'll be driving next week. It couldn't have been more perfect! I didn't know that they just re-surfaced Angeles Crest Hwy and have now paved ALL the turnouts! We can take our photos without driving on a dusty turnout. I also informed the manager at Cosmic Café that there will be approx. 20+ of us coming up so she can stock up. The food is okay, cold or hot sandwiches, hot dogs, etc. Required parking is $5 which you can also purchase at Cosmic Café or at the Visitor's Center at the stop before driving up to Mt Wilson. All proceeds from the Café go to sustaining the Mt Wilson Observatory, a worthy cause. Let's support them! Weather was perfect...hopefully it will be about the same next week. I'll try to post a map of where to park when you arrive to the meeting place at Gould Ave and Foothill Blvd., as well as post the route. Can't wait! 7 more days! Thanks for those of you who've already signed up...and still waiting for you other verts lurking out there!
Appreciate 0