View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
do you know if performance center delivery comes out of allocations (like any other customer ordered car for US deliver) or is it like euro delivery where it it doesn't count against allocation?

If it doesn't count against allocation, just skip the preamble and claim performance center delivery. You should be able to find someone who will bite easily enough.

If it comes out of allocations, you need to get lucky and find someone comped on volume or close enough to hit a kicker in their comp plan at the end of the month.

Personally, I found it easier to shop around and keep it simple and be nice. My sense from your post is you are going to come in guns blazing / pounding table and from my experience that isn't the way to go to get a great deal.

For a slow seller like the Z I would gun for something close to Euro delivery invoice. US invoice price + some $ IMHO is leaving dollars on the table based on my experience with an on the lot 2012 last june.
Great advice - thanks!

I will ask about PCD and allocation. The dealers I've spoken with to date seem more than willing to go for PCD so I don't believe it has any negative repercussions for them in this unique timing window of zero 2014 inventory on hand.

I AM shopping around, but I am doing so in the internet sales mode where emailed spec is countered by emailed quote in the first round. Then, once all the quotes are in, I'll start whipsawing the dealers to thin the margin. Once it's down to two or three, I'll toss the ball with a low number and see who jumps. If none, I've gone too low and I'll bump my offer until I get a bite.

So you got a deal on dealer inventory of last year's model (i.e. 2012 during 2013 production)? That's par for the course. Unfortunately, for the reasons I gave above, I must go for 2014 production. I do not believe invoice or under is available (different tables). Thanks again.
Appreciate 0