04-23-2024, 08:06 AM   #6
Drummer$Dude
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 E89 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belair62 View Post
Very nice ! Is that Melbourne over extended white ? I looked at its twin last year in Palatine Illinois right down to the carbon mirror caps and newer style fender indicators. If you are still running run flats that would be a good upgrade to get rid of those.
I concur with Belair62, ditch the run flats. That said, make sure you have a flat kit in the trunk. I'm on my second set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires (staggered) and have never had a flat tire. The first set lasted about 40,000 miles.

As for taking long trips, I've driven my Z4 from Michigan to Kansas and back 4-5 times. It's about 2000 miles round trip and my Z has never let me down. It currently has over 145,000 miles and still runs great! I think one reason is regular maintenance of course, but I also don't run a tune which adds additional stress to the drivetrain. I understand why Z4 enthusiasts do though so I'm not being critical.

It's a sweet ride, and a blast to drive as you know. Oh, and I've been to Palentine, IL. There is a drum shop there that's pretty cool.
Appreciate 1