01-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #22
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
But I really think a lot of that has to do with weight--other car makers like Porsche and Lotus have shown that less HP can = more if you do well in the weight reduction and handling department.

I am just willing to bet people will see a sub-200 BHP Z and think wtf?
+1

There's two things 1) weight and 2) cost.

The z4 is not exactly a lightweight. The 23i/30i with the inline 6 and AT comes in a 1505 Kg or 3317 lbs. Sure it will be a little lighter with a 4 cylinder but not that much especially a TT configuration. The power to weight ratio is poor from a sports car perspective.

Given that and the cost of BMWs around the world, what in some parts of the world the final cost is practically double the vehicle cost. People are going to say, this thing is a supposed to be a sports car (heavy emphasis on sport - i.e., fun) and you want how much money for it? Put down the crack pipe and get serious folks.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0