07-21-2021, 11:10 AM   #45
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
My husband drags me fishing a lot, and I love it!
We manage to sneak in a trip to Jekyll Island 6 times in summer season. I aalllways make sure I have Jack Daniel's and Coca Cola in one of those stainless steel insulated water bottles. End up always filling it up too high and getting splattered by carbon and hooch from it being jostled with tackle.

Long story short……

NEEEEEVER GET SO SLOSHED YOU FORGET THAT YOU ARE FISHING IN SALT WATER…… and that YOU DO NOT REACH INTO A FISHES MOUTH BAREHANDED TO UNSET THE HOOK.

"Got damn that fish was slimy. My hand is sticky. Oh it must be the sugar from the splashed cola… " NO! IT WAS MY BLOOD! Off to the bait prep station to grab the hose and clean the wound. NO! That's just ocean water pumped up to the sink! Thank goodness for bottled water and others nearby fishing. A kind but also sloshed gentleman had vodka and a 1st aid kit. So much blood…intensified by alcohol. Ended up ok, with hand in the cooler. Did catch a few flounder after, but they were under 12 inches so I could not keep them.
Have you never read/seen Old Man and the Sea???? Salt water is good for cleaning wounds