05-02-2013, 02:55 AM   #59
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4@Phuket View Post
just try this H8 LED (by accident), it is very simple to replace. Direct swap to H8 bulb without any wire cutting or extra piece of resistor. It is reversible polarity +/- on any direction, no error showed on BC
The brightness in daytime is very good on the inside ring, dim as usual on the outter ring
with this connection you may not get full brightness out of this LED, since the car supply only 8-9V maximum to this H8 bulb in DRL mode and 6-7V in low beam mode
follow this link to buy
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/H8-18...665550222.html

Higher voltage and higher watts doesn't necessarily mean brighter, it just means it uses more "electricity/power". This is a common misconception and a technique many suppliers use to trick consumers into thinking their bulbs are brighter than they actually are. It is the amount of lumens it produces that dictates how bright it is, and this is not necessarily correlated to wattage/voltage. That is to say, a 5W bulb can create 350 lumens, and a 10W bulb only 150 lumens. So while the 10W bulb has double the wattage, it is actually very dim compared to the 5W with significantly higher lumens. Just throwing it out there for potential bulb buyers, don't be fooled by the wattage, look for the lumens. So while the bulbs you linked may be bright, I wouldn't base it on the V or W alone, I'd have to see a lumens rating before buying any bulbs.
Appreciate 0