CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

I used the "30 second" method.

Click Engine On/Off without foot on throttle or brakes
One all the lights come on, press the throttle all the way down for 30 seconds
After 30 seconds, I clicked the Engine On/Off with my foot still on the pedal until everything turned off (all the lights)
Then I waited 2 minutes (used my phone) and started the car like normal

I really don't think this is the placebo effect, as I have read about it so I made sure to do some "tests" to confirm. First of all, right off the bat the car did rev a lot higher before changing gears. Almost like the car didn't know what gear to choose so it just kept revving (this was in normal mode, not sport, and normal driving throttle pressure).That was my first clue it worked. Secondly, I make sure to WOT while going at varying local speeds (30-40 MPH) and highway speeds (60-70 MPH) to eliminate the possibility of speed effecting responsiveness, since I don't remember exactly at what speeds I floored it when I was showing my brother. Due to the fact that before it was really severely delayed, the difference was obviously noticeable, making me believe that it indeed did reset the behavior and not just the placebo effect. Whether or not it was just the throttle response, transmission, or both, I can't say for sure. But responsiveness was increased overall. This was on a 28i though, so that means Sport Automatic. Not sure if this trick can be applied to the 35i DCTs. Will try when I get my car back.
Appreciate 0