Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
It was quieter and handled better. It dosent seem to trammel anymore, but road bumpiness was reduced, but its still there. I think thats mostly suspension. The suspension on these cars have very little room to travel so you feel the bumpiness of the road a lot more than in a sedan or SUV. There are some very bumpy potholed roads here and I feel it. On good pavment, it runs pretty smooth. All that is subjective of course

I am sure there is a balance and if you went to a straight non RFT tire, it might handle better. No way to tell unless you try both.

I am willing to balance. When I went to non RFTs with my 2003 Z4, I carried a spare, because thats the way I am. Took up the whole trunk. Not sure that would even fit here, but I like having the trunk. I do think these tires run fine and are a big improvment over the RFT's that came stock, but then again you might not.
Thanks, it certainly sounds like an improvement and at least an option to just going to straight non-RFT. I will give them a try, as I do like what little trunk space we have.
Appreciate 0