08-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #128
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Good questions to ask.

Find what makes you the happiest. At what point do you stop pedaling and think, "I've made it. I will slow down and enjoy the scenery."

It's like when I ride my bike. When I am chasing times to complete a segment or climb, I keep pressing and the ride passes me by. At home, I get to look at the numbers, but I missed all of the amazing views.

As I get older, I am starting to realize that the numbers mean less to me than I originally thought. Just as long as I have enough for my current level of bike, I am good.

(metaphorical post)
Well we've been getting programmed to make money, spend, and hunt for luxury life. I think this is especially true in USA, the consumer nation. Back in 80s things weren't like that and everyone seemed happy, including myself in my childhood. Ice cream made me happy, today kids want iphones and ipads....

I feel programmed too....fast cars and endless vacations would make me happy but i cant afford that, so have to change my views of happiness. Hopefully my next step is kid(s) and we go from there, maybe i'll stop spending on useless things and focus more on family.
Appreciate 0