07-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #9
itf joegun
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 M40i; G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Nice! Let us know your impression vs the M3...
Yes sure, no problem, here we go, first with some pictures: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415012

Alternatively you just can click on my signature picture for all my past rides...

Impressions so far:
The 35is is quite fast, I doubt that the M3 is faster straight line until 200 kph. The car itself is so much different, obviously, because it is a roadster, but also the design message is different. The M3 was really muscular, always yells "Here I am, yes, please try it!!!" A message which was ok for the past years, bit is no more that what I want. With the M3 you have that perfect V8 engine, but it needs high revs to be fast. I use it as daily driver and I always waited until it was warm. So the first 5 kilometers, I was not as fast as I liked it. Also I had a 6 MT, which really is not the best transmission from BMW. It happens sometimes, that especially the 1-2 switch was not good, which in the end causes confusion by myself and others arond. To much attention for me...

As I said, straight line until 200 it is even, also motor sound is perfect for both, I like that plopp so much from the Z, but also I do like the V8. Problem is, that IN the car, you do not have that V8 sound. People are turning constantly around if I drive by with the M, but I never noticed the reason why. If my wife drives the car and I am outside I know why, but how often does this happen?! The solution is another exhaust, which will cause my neighbours to freak out in the morning. So no option. On the Z I simply open the roof and everything is ok...

Regarding performance in corners, the Z is sooooo bad with the original suspension. I noticed it immediately during the driving to the Autobahn, in long corners it acts like a container ship! I hate it, but I knew it before. I will change it tomorrow. Today I get new rims with non-runflat tires, and tomorrow I visit Schmickler, a german racing company which will change the setup of the car and install Eibach springs and HR roll bars. So afterwards it should be fine.

I will find out the track performance later this year, after the car is driven in. Did I miss something? If yes, please ask.

Click signature for current and previous cars.

Last edited by itf joegun; 07-03-2013 at 05:21 AM..
Appreciate 0