View Single Post
      07-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #21
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
The unlinear throttle response that army_men mentioned also might be because there is simply more boost, so we can better feel when the turbos kick in.
I believe army_men was posting about his Cobb tune...

In the Accessport logs there is "accelerator pedal position" and "throttle opening".

My understanding it the "stock throttle" (ST) Cobb maps and the factory map the "throttle opening" is not proportionate/linear to the "accelerator pedal position" (i.e. the change in throttle opening is much larger than the change in accelerator pedal position, to give the feeling of more responsiveness/power)

Cobb has an option for "linear throttle" (LT) maps which in my opinion makes it easier to modulate the power but the result of this is the you really have to go wide open throttle to get pushed back in the seat

As an interesting aside, I was at the 1/8 mile recently and was having a hard time getting a good reaction time because of the elapsed time from pressing the throttle and DCT clutch engaging.

It is an interesting tradeoff, because the DCT has very consistent (and super fast) shifting but the launch is sometimes a challenge (both on the track, and on the street as we have been posting about)

EDIT: my vote for turbo lag champ is 2.0L WRX, and answer then, as it is now, is just to maintain RPM in the 3000+ range to always be ready to accelerate
Appreciate 0