Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
I'd be very surprised if the Insurer wasn't given a different pricing that a member of the public.

Many years ago over here in Oz we used to get "Insurance Quotes" which were double or more of what it actually took to get the job done, because the small paint and panel shops liked to rip off the insurance companies.

Now days the insurance companies are a lot smarter. They do blanket deals with "approved repairers" and they get much lower prices that the man in the street.
Its still the same job, but the insurer is effectively using their buying power to get a better price.

I would be very surprised if there was not a local "BMW approved" repairer that is on yoru Insurance companies "approved" list as well.
In the end, I'd probably just bring it to the insurance companies BMW approved shop to save myself the hassle. I do have a few friends who works on BMW that aren't exactly a body/collision shop but they might know someone who is also BMW approved and more trustworthy, it's just better if you can make a deal personally with a shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda View Post
Bummer, hope it gets fixed up good as new!
Thanks, me too. I'm not looking forward to the hassle though. The odds aren't in my favor but I really do hope everything goes smoothly, it would be a first.