View Single Post
      08-05-2014, 12:49 AM   #8
juntoa
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4

First thanks everyone for all the postive comments. To answer the question regarding H&R lowering springs experience. Frankly the ride is very bouncy but not all the time. It's hard to explain but when I'm on a road with minor to moderate dips/bumps it's like the adaptive suspension can't keep up so the ride gets bouncy. The bounce in some cases has caused me to slow down for fear of losing control of the car. I fine that putting the car in sports + mode amplifies the issue 2 fold. Then there where times when those same dips/bumps didn't cause the car to bounce as much.

It seems that the adaptive suspension is not adapting well to the lowering springs. It also could be that my struts may be going out too, so I'm hesitant to point the finger at the lowering springs/stock adaptive suspension combo. So to eliminate the problem without really getting to the root cause I'm opting for Coilovers, plus H&R sway bars. Hopefully I can get to the same ride height with the coilovers cause I really like how well the springs lowered the car. Which was well lower than .75" H&R advertised. It was more like a 1.5" drop. I'm guessing cause I didn't measure the height prior to putting on the lower springs, but looking at a stock 35is at the dealership it is definitely more then .75".

As far as rubbing is concern, I had a little rubbing on the rear inner lining, so I modified(cut) the rear inner lining so it wouldn't rub. it's a $90 dollar part and 20mins worth of work per side. I will simply buy new one's when I'm ready to return the car back to stock for trade in or sell.
Appreciate 0