06-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #68
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86merc View Post
Someone also mentioned the tires the Camaro uses are very wide. They are. They have to be due to the weight of these cars. The weight is the biggest thing I notice when I drive my 2015 Mustang GT versus my 2009 335i. On the track and road course. You can really tell the car is larger and heavier. Both cars are a blast to drive and have their advantages. It is a great time to be a car guy. There are so many good options out there no matter what your budget is.
Really? So the heavier the car the wider tire needs to be? Thats a new one. So what you're saying is a car like a Mclaren P1 that weighs ~3400lbs doesn't need 315mm rear tires. I guess it only needs 255mm then? Lets forget that it also produces 904 hp and 723 torque......

Or maybe why do ~1550lb F1 cars have 405mm rear tires? It's called GRIP. The more tread you have on the ground, the better you'll corner and the better you'll transfer the power to the ground. Of course, you have to find that perfect setup but saying a vehicle needs a wider tire just because it weighs so much is not the correct answer, in this case.
Appreciate 0