Putzo
Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
The newer phone may have newer firmware, even though it's the same model. BMW updates the phone software relatively frequently, even for our Z4's. This may not fix it, but it won't hurt either and if you have a USB stick ready, it's relatively quick and easy to do. You will need your VIN and you will want to do this from your computer (since you need to download the firmware upgrade):

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...re_update.html
G'ah! I tried to enter the last seven digits of my (Canadian) VIN into the website and was rebuffed with the message "The Vehicle Identification Number you entered is not correct. Please check your entry." I have to assume that only American VINs will work in this tool. Disappointing.

I've scoured the Canadian site and have not found a similar tool. I did find a PDF that states my phone/carrier combination meets or exceeds BMW's requirements.

Might give the dealer a call to find out if they know anything.

P.S. the new phone DOES have a slightly newer OS than the old one did, because it was upgrading the OS that killed the old phone.
Appreciate 0