View Single Post
      07-20-2016, 01:44 PM   #33
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

I've spent a pretty good amount of time on Facebook and never had an issue with me personally, however my mom had a big-time bitch fight with my brother's wife a while back. Short story is the wife has an obsession with Disneyland and posted a photo of a tree that looked like Micky and my mom made some comment about it that was taken as sarcasm.
So, it got all heated and the wife didn't want my mom around....my brother didn't want to take a side but leaned towards the wife which made things worse. Anyways, they speak but never really recovered.
Facebook, used correctly has a lot of value. As long as you keep politics, religion and critical or ill advised comments out you will be ok.
The difference between FB and forums really is the fact that most of the people you have as friends on FB are actually people that you associate with or have been friends with in the past.
And then there are guys like a friend of mine from work who hooked up with a girl from work (also on FB) at a party and got all sloppy. Those pics led to awkward!!