Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
This thread is meant to bring up useful things that many ppl haven't noticed because they just skimmed the manual and/or perhaps it wasn't mentioned in the manual but you found out a better way to do things. Some may be obvious, but, who knows, nobody knows everything and might have missed some. Feel free to add more!

Here are mine so far:
1. when you buckle your belt, there is a plastic slide-able bar on the strap: slide it all the way to the buckle, so that when you unbuckle, it keeps the buckle in place in the right position for the next time you buckle

2. (I'm not certain about this one; more a ques) for AMA and FMA channels, supposedly the 6 strongest signal channels are automatically recorded? however, I found that you can use these spaces to store your own channels

3. (I skimmed the manual so I missed this one initially) the gas cap can be put on the green circle hole when filling gas (doh!) instead of letting it hang

4. whenever you adjust the seats, make sure they don't rub up/squeeze against the back wall (that can't be good)

5. if you don't want to use an aftermkt storage compartment, I found wrapping grocery bags around those 2 rubber straps in the trunk usually secures the bags quite well (on another topic, that back shelf behind the seats is virtually useless save for newspapers, handbags, etc lol)

6. when just chilling in the car w/ engine off and listening to the radio, it is good to switch the lights from 'automatic' to 'off' to conserve the battery
During my long trip in the US I discovered that when you lightly tap the speed control down you increase by 1 KM (perhaps 1 Mile on US models). Tapping up (toward you) decreases the speed by 1 KM (or for US cars 1 Mile?) each time you tap the lever. I found it cool.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0