View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #15
mbetoni
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z435is

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi27 View Post
You will love it. Most important thing is to dump the run flats right away. Transforms the car. ESS tune turns it into a beast if you are interested.
Thanks. I read about the ESS tune, I think in the beginning I'll learn the car as it is, and then see how I feel about it.

Regarding run flats, I'll need to see how the car feels with the wheels (and accompanying tires) I got. This is actually one of the reasons I wanted to wait for the LCI.

On my pre-LCI E85, after I went through the run flats I replaced them with a nice set of non-RFT Pirellis, which as we know, transformed the car. However, in my post-LCI E85, same size wheels/tires, car felt better than my previous one right off the bat WITH RFTs (bought both cars new, just FYI). Without making a hullabaloo about it, BMW def changed the suspension settings to accommodate the run flats better after the LCI. I ended up leaving them on my car for 5 years.

When my E89 comes, I'll see what the setup feels like and go from there .

FWIW, I also have an E85 buddy who was in what would have been a VERY bad incident (18 wheeler drifted into him on a highway on-ramp), in his case, the run-flats ended up playing a crucial part in minimizing the resulting danger.
Appreciate 0