View Single Post
      10-20-2014, 03:16 AM   #8
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Great video. If I could have found an E39 M5 here in China I would have bought one. Probably one of the best cars ever build (had a 523i back in Denmark). Drifting that and the E89 must be like night and day - you probably even have some suspension tweaks on the E39?
One factor has not been addressed yet - the "panic factor". In a controlled environment where risks are at a minimum "anyone" can drift, but drifting or saving an unexpected slide in public takes real skill.
Totally agree, on public streets I personally fear to disengage the traction controls.

The m5 is 100% stock, only electrical/gps, insulation and the rear sits are removed for weight and space savings (it can accommodate 8 16'' wheels, enough for a few passes ) and the electrical and heated front seats replaced with lighter ones from a 520. It's a magnificent car, my previous track car was an e34 s38b38 m5 and the transition to the e39 just makes you a driver on a different league. Had it been 300kg lighter it would surely be competition material.

Hamann Anniversary EVO 19'' wheels for sale : http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270728
Appreciate 0