View Single Post
      04-17-2013, 04:32 AM   #22
Yeggman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 s3.0i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
Just got a '10 Sdrive30i in black on black, and I've gotta say, I love everything BUT the engine.

... such a lack of power.
The N52 is an acquired taste. If you do not absolutely love it, just continue to spend time behind the wheel. It is like developing a taste for fine wine, once you have sampled a few varieties you will come to appreciate what a magnificent vehicle you have.

If you love or hate a car based on h.p. alone, you've got the wrong car. There are plenty of hp monsters out there that may better fit your perception of what makes a vehicle worthy. Your vehicle is a blend of factors that make for a spectacular sports car, hp is only one of those factors.

You did not indicate your transmission, I hope you have the 6 speed manual. It requires you to learn more about the balance of your Z's power delivery/suspension/braking, by being more involved in the cars performance.

I would suggest that you try and spend time in your vehicle alone. With the radio off, and the top down. Find some roads out in the country with some sweeping turns, some straightaways and some hills.

Your Z is the finest example of a true sports car that is built with the most modern and innovative engineering.

My previous vehicle was a C6 Corvette. 400+hp. Very nice car. For me, it did not provide the same level of driver enjoyment and involvement as the Z4.

Think less, drive more.
Appreciate 0