04-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
SgtGigglebox
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Atacama 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
Noob here. Looking at buying a new 2014 35i with all options except 19". Is it OK to discuss discounting, negotiating tactics, delivery options, etc. here on the forum? If so, how does the BMW buying experience compare with that at a Lexus dealership (my experience to date)? If not, where is a good place to go to discuss price, financing, options, etc.? Thanks in advance for any info.

P.S. This is a GREAT forum! I've already consumed all the posts for the last 2 years and found them immensely helpful in understanding what make the car tick (as well as some of the drivers!).
Hi Williakz,

Welcome to the forum! In terms of questions, I'd say fire away. Some are more or less discreet about the terms of their respective deals, but there are more than enough people that seem more than happy to answer genuine questions.

Off the top of my head, I would emphatically recommend the Performance Center Delivery, which is free (you just pay to get yourself and a guest to SC). However, I wouldn't bring it up until the deal is already struck or numbers are firm since it appeared to be less favorable to the dealer for some reason. I'm guessing that it drives some internal metric on cars moved off of their specific lots, etc... but I definitely got the impression that they would have been less accommodating (mathematically) had we decided on the performance center option earlier.

In fact, I've included the Info sheet that they sent us prior to heading down to SC.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Delivery Information Attachment.pdf (1.29 MB, 400 views)
Appreciate 0